I can’t Access http mywifiext local; What am I doing?
http mywifiext local When you try to access the http://www.mywifiext.net/ website to set up a wireless repeater, you may receive an error message/ Although, may not be able to connect to the site. This may be because http://www.mywifiext.net/ is not a normal internet site. This is the local web address used to open the setup (genie or Smart Wizard) for the NETGEAR Wireless Extender. To access this web address, your computer must be physically connected via Ethernet or wirelessly to a NETGEAR range extender.
When you visit http://www.mywifiext.net/ on a computer connected to a NETGEAR range extender, the following screen appears:
When trying to access http://www.mywifiext.net/ from a computer that is not connected to a NETGEAR extender, the following error screen appears:
Although, If your computer is not connected to the Internet, you may see one of the following error messages:
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. “The page cannot be displayed” or “You are not connected to the network.”
- Google Chrome. “Cannot connect to the Internet. Google Chrome cannot display the webpage because your computer is not connected to the Internet.”
- FireFox. “Server not found. Firefox cannot find a server at www.mywifiext.net.”
- Safari. “The server can not be found”.
If you see something other than one of the screens or messages above, make sure you have entered the correct web address in your web browser. An incorrectly entered web address can lead you to a fraudulent third-party website that tries to steal your login credentials or ask you to pay money to access your range extender. NETGEAR will never ask you for money to use the purchased NETGEAR product. NETGEAR also offers 90 days of free chat and phone support after purchase from a NETGEAR Authorized Reseller. Although, If you are not sure if you have entered the correct address, please close your browser tab or window and click this link to go to the correct website: http mywifiext local.
Troubleshoot Connection Problems to http mywifiext local
To troubleshoot connection problems to www.mywifiext.net:
- Move the extender to the same room as the wireless router.
After completing the setup and working connection to the wireless router, you can move the extender to the desired location.
- Make sure the NETGEAR Wireless Range Extender is also connected to a power source. If the repeater is receiving power, the power LED will turn on.
- If your NETGEAR Wireless Range Extender has a PC to Extension or Device to Extender LED, make sure it is on.
Since, If it’s not on, unplug both ends of the Ethernet cable connecting the extender to your device and plug it back in.
- In the web browser’s address bar, enter the extender’s default IP address: 192.168.1.250.
- If you still cannot access the repeater, please restart your browser and try again.
For more information, see How to Clear Cache and Browsing History in Popular Browsers.
- Try using a different web browser to make sure the problem is not browser-related.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are free browsers and are available for all major operating systems.
- Connect your PC to the extender with an Ethernet cable.
- Assign your computer a static IP address.
Before changing any network settings, make a note of the address of your current default gateway (Windows) or router (Mac). Although, Use the IP address 192.168.1.249 and the subnet mask 255.255.255.0.
For more information, on configuring static IP addresses, see the following knowledge base articles:
- How to configure a static IP address in Windows
- Configuring TCP/IP and proxy settings on Mac OSX (first section only)
- If you still cannot access the extender, please contact NETGEAR support to speak with an expert.
How do I sign in to my NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range Extender?
After you set up your NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range Extender, you can sign in to view and change your settings.
If you did not install and connect the Wi-Fi Range Extender to your existing Wi-Fi network, please visit NETGEAR Support and download the Quick Start Guide for your model before continuing.
Make sure your model is checked in the “This article applies to” section. If you have a WiFi Mesh Extender or Nighthawk Mesh Extender, see How do I sign in to my WiFi Mesh Extender or Nighthawk Mesh Extender?
To access the Wi-Fi Range Extender:
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device connected to the extender’s network.
Note. Your router and extender may have different Wi-Fi network names (SSIDs). Since Make sure that you are connected to the extender’s network.
- If the extender and router use different Wi-Fi network names (SSIDs), enter www.mywifiext.net in the address field of your web browser.
- If the extender and router use the same Wi-Fi network name (SSID), enter http://<the extender’s IP address> (for example, http://192.168.1.3) in the address field of your browser.
- Press or tap Enter.
The login page is displayed.
- Enter the administrator username and password.
Note. Your username can be an email address.
If you have forgotten your username and also password, click the Username and Password Help link.
To reset your login Passwords, see How do I reset my NETGEAR Extender?
- Click or tap SIGN IN.
The status page will be displayed.
- If your browser displays the Menu icon, click or tap on it.
The expansion menu will appear.
- Select Settings to view and configure repeater settings.
The Router and the Repeater use the same WiFi Network Name (SSID)
If the router and extender use the same Wi-Fi network name (SSID), follow these instructions:
Note. These instructions only apply to the following extensions:
- [Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX6000 Dual Band and WiFi-6 Mesh Extender Model EAX80]
- [Nighthawk X4 AC2200 Dual Band Mesh WiFi Extender Model EX7300]
- [Nighthawk X4 AC2200 Dual Band Mesh WiFi Extender Model EX7320]
- [Nighthawk X6S AC3000 tri-band mesh WiFi extender model EX8000]
- [Nighthawk X6 AC2200 Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi Extender Model EX7700]
- [Nighthawk X4S AC2200 Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi Extender Model EX7500]
- [AC1750 EX6250 Dual Band Mesh Wi-Fi Extender]
- [AC1900 Dual Band Mesh WiFi Extender model EX6420]
- [AC1900 EX6410 Dual Band Mesh Wi-Fi Extender]
- [AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender Model EX7000]
- [AC1900 EX6400 Dual Band Mesh Wi-Fi Extender]
- [AX1800 Dual-Band Mesh Wi-Fi Extender Model EAX20]
To log in to the repeater, enter one of the following URLs in a web browser, depending on your device:
- Windows: http://mywifiext
- Mac OS X/ iOS: http://mywifiext.local
- Android: http://<IP address of the extender>
- For more info, visit https://kb.netgear.com/000044735.
Note. To find the IP address of the extender, log in to your router and look for the list of devices connected to your router. The IP address of the repeater displaying in the list. Please refer to your router’s user manual for more information.